Maintaining Happiness: What Should You Do ?
1. Elements of Biblical Psalms (Songs).
A. It is pleasant music. (Ps. 147:1)
Music is not just for women, but for all !
– Disciples did. Matt. 26:30
– Moses did. Ex. 15:1, Deut. 31:22 (Ps. 18:1)
– Jesus will. Heb. 2:11-12
B. It is God’s Word.
– He is the focus of it. Is. 12:2, Rev. 15:3
C. It is a clear contrast to worldly music that speaks of tragedy, divorce,
heartbreaks, etc. Is. 65:14
D. It should be an activity of the spirit. 1 Cor. 14:15
2. It instructs us how to have – and keep – joy.
A. Not listening to the ungodly. (Ps. 64:2)
– *Beware of private comments.
B. Not fellowshipping with the lost. Eph. 5:11
– *Reprove them.
C. Not accepting views of the scornful. Prov. 3:34
– *Brings grief to the heart and works against your faith. 2 Pet. 2:7
The Benefits of Godly Happiness
1. Desires change within us.(Ps. 1:2)
A. Who we walk with determines a lot. Eph. 5:11
B. But not saved by good desires. Eph. 2:5
C. A new creature desires new food. 2 Cor. 5:17
D. God in us makes the difference. Phil. 2:13
2. Our attitude towards God’s law.(Ps. 1:2)
A. Reveals if we are submissive. (Ps. 4:7) Heb. 13:17
B. Shows the extent of our commitment. 1 Tim. 4:15
– Options: Sunday, Sabbath, Wednesday or Day and Night.
C. Tells of our desire to learn. Deut. 31:12 Caution about learning: Prov. 22:24-25
D. Can help us avoid trouble. 1 Tim. 1:20
3. Stability of the strong believer.(Ps. 1:3)
A. Close to the source of nourishment. Issue of love. Must know the will of the
person you love. John 14:15
B. It is more fruitful. John 15:5,8
– The reason ? It dies to self. John 12:24
C. Stays within his character. (…”Whatsoever he doeth” – tree acts like tree.)
1 Thes. 5:5
Maintaining Happiness:Knowing That God Will Treat You Differently
1. The ungodly will not be able to stand before an angry God.
They will have to admit to their sins, and fall before God. Rom. 14:11, Phil. 2:10
A. Angry over their sin. Eph. 5:5-6 (Ps. 7:11)
– Especially the religious. Rom. 1:18, Heb. 10:29-31
B. Angry over them rejecting His sacrifice for them. John 3:36
C. Angry over the lack of holiness. Heb. 12:14, 1 Pet. 1:15-16
2. The ungodly have no place with believers.
A. In the future. Matt. 25:32
B. In the present. Eph. 5:11, 2 Cor. 6:14, 1 Cor. 5:11, Luke 6:22
3. The Lord knows all.
A. Our deeds. Prov. 24:12, Rev. 2:2, Rev. 20:13
B. Our thoughts. *Dan. 2:30, Ps. 94:11, Luke 6:8, Ps. 44:21, Rom. 2:16