1. WAITING CAN’T BE BAD, BECAUSE GOD DOES IT.
*And God cannot do anything wrong !
A. It isn’t always the easiest thing to do. It involves suffering sometimes.
B. Waiting has a divine purpose, just as action does. Both are in the plan of God.
Both can bring good responses. 1 Peter 3:20
C. Waiting for some things is necessary in the plan of God. James 5:7
2. WAITING IS USEFUL FOR THE BELIEVER.
A. As an opportunity to watch for things you didn’t see before.
– Seeing the world as it really is, rejecting it more. Paul’s heart stirred while
waiting. If he didn’t wait and watch, he would have become angry, missing
the opportunity. Acts 17:16
– For the coming of the Lord Jesus. 2 Thes. 3:5
B. As a tribulation that brings you patience.
– Two types of waiting. One type is waiting when we know it is a delay is
something that ought to be done. The second is waiting in a Godly manner
for something that should be done, and we know will come to pass.
Romans 5:3 *Delay is caused by the enemy, or brought about
by God. In either case, we can learn from it !
C. As an instrument to make your faith grow. It made Simeon keep looking till he
had found the Lord. Luke 2:25
D. Is often a necessity to give others the message of God. There is a
right time, and a wrong time to get through to some people.
1 Kings 20:38 Requires waiting !