WHAT IS IT ?
1. pride, insolence, presumptuousness, arrogance
1. pride, haughtiness, arrogance
2. the character of one who, with a swollen estimate of his own powers or merits, looks down on others and even treats them with insolence and contempt
1. The nature of pride.
*It does not want to be recognized.
A. It is hated by God.Pro. 8:13, 16:5 & Isaiah 2:12
B. Is denied in acts of self-will. Matt. 26:47
C. Does not seek God. Self-sufficient. Psalms 10:4
2. The danger of pride. What it does.
A. Causes a person to act presumptuously. Daniel 5:20
B. Presumes to know or have something good without the Lord. John 15:5
3. The judgement of pride. What happens to it ?
A. In the near future. Pro. 16:18
B. Over the long run. Pro. 15:25
C. At the time of God’s judgement. Isaiah 13:11