SINNING WORSE THAN THE FATHERS SINNED !
Analyzing The Last Stage of Idolatry Among “Believing People
1. The hurtful effect upon Believers.
A. They have to see the suffering of loved ones.
B. They realize they could have done more.
C. Their opportunities for serving God are limited.
2. The sins of the fathers.
A. Are taught to the next generation(s).
– By apathetically turning over child-training to people who are not saved.
(Failed in Deut. 6:7)
– By providing great liberties to children unable to use them properly.
Pro. 13:24, 22:15, 23:13-14
– By setting a sinful example to follow. 2 Chron. 22:3
B. Are to practice idolatry. Col. 3:5
– Turning people into gods (children, rulers, etc.)
– Turning away from The Word to do it.
3. The primary sin of the judgement generation.
A. Walking in the imagination of an evil heart. Gen. 6:6
Some qualifying imaginations:
– Thinking that God doesn’t care. Deut. 29:19
– Thinking that it isn’t so bad.
– Thinking that our upbringing justifies it.
– Thinking that judgement won’t come. 2 Pet. 3:4
B. Makes them think they don’t have to put God’s ways above their own. Is. 55:9
– Assume they have good sense and don’t need to follow God’s will strictly.
(“vain”) Rom. 12:1