A SPIRITUAL HERITAGE
1. Knowledge of our sins is written in our hearts. (Jer. 17:1)
A. That is why we need to have it forgiven.
– Based on knowledge of right and wrong. (Rom. 2:15)
B. That is why we must have our hearts cleansed, purified.
– Can occur now. Clean by the Word of God. John 15:3
2. Sin can be read by the children. (Jer. 17:2-4)
A. They know our mistakes by observation. 2 Cor. 3:2
B. They can detect whose love is genuine.
– Many kids are without that real love today.
C. By departing from a heritage of truth. (Jer. 17:4) Hypocrisy in living.
What if a child had a great heritage of truth and tradition. Better off.
D. Real faith is observable.
– Trusting in God has a first step. Psalm 4:5
– People who trust in Gods become like them. Psalm 135:18
3. There is a balance to the plan of God.
A. Judgement for sins. (Jer. 17:3-4)
Christ, the Lamb of God, OR self-payment)
– Loss of power. Psalm 62:11
– Loss of substance. Psalm 24:1, Matt. 21:34-35
B. Reward for faith. (Jer. 17:7-8)
For those who diligently seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
– Happiness, hope, growth, protection.
– Not having to depend on man’s strength. (Jer. 17:5) Psalm 118:8