REMINDING PEOPLE OF GOD’S DIFFERENCE
1. The Lord’s Willingness to Accept What Man Will Not
(Jeremiah 3:1) 2 Cor. 6:17
A. People are invited to come. The Spirit and the Bride Say “Come.”
Rev. 22:17, John 7:37
B. People are commanded to come. Matt. 22:4, Mark 1:17, John 21:12
2. The Lord’s Power To Change Whom He Receives.
A. It is vitally important to come to Him (sincerity isn’t enough).
Salvation in none other. Acts 4:12
Who else would receive.Matt. 9:13
The filthy rags. Isaiah 64:6
The not desired. Zephaniah 2:1
The outcasts. (Jer. 30:17) etc.
B. It is pleasurable – a blessing – to come to Him !
(Some are surprised at this.)
– He receives when others will not.
– He changes people when others cannot.
– He keeps us secure when others will not.
3. When we come to Him we are changed – Always !
A. Clean hands, pure heart only. Psalms 24:4
B. Washed. 1 Cor. 6:11, Rev. 1:5
C. Cleansed. Acts 10:15
D. New creature. Gal. 6:15
E. New garment – righteousness of Christ. Matt. 22:12
Do people make the same mistakes, and commit the same sins today?
1. Some look for nature, natural occurrences to save.
A. The hills and mountains. Rev. 6:16
B. The abundance of the earth. Water, pure air, etc.
Psalms 52:7 America today?
C. Healthy bodies – jogging, good foods, etc. 1 Tim. 4:8
2. Some seek salvation through other people.
A. Religious family members, men. Isaiah 47:13, Deut. 28:29
B. Priests, clergy, etc.
C. Other gods. (Jer. 2:28)
– All religions believe in a higher power, supreme being,
including atheism. (Counts “self” as being all-wise,all-knowing,
enough to rule out “God”)
– The Bible says there is no other name. Acts 4:12
D. Alliances with the devil.
– Even some Christians sometimes back off their responsibilities
thinking the devil will go easier on them.
– Isn’t that a type of ‘deal’ or agreement with the devil?
E. Political powers. Hosea 13:10
3. The Implications If Salvation Was Impossible Any Other Way.
(John 14:6-Jesus, The Exclusive Way)
A. God the Father was sadistic in sending Jesus to the cross.
B. Jesus was naive or foolish to be willing to go to the cross.
C. God really isn’t as important and essential as he says he is.
D. We have nothing to rely on because the Bible would not be true.
*Judah Was Given One Last Godly King as A Last Opportunity To See The Truth
In Action. II Kings 22:1-2
Any Similarity To The Last Days, Before God Brings Judgement ?
1. What Does The Term “Adultery” Really Mean ? (Jer. 3:9-10)
A. (Strong’s #05003) Heb. = “to break the wedlock” or “break the
committment of marriage”
B. (Strong’s #3431) Greek = “to commit adultery with, to have unlawful
intercourse with another’s spouse.”
2. What Does The Term “Divorce” Really Mean ? (Jer. 3:8)
*Divorce = (Strong’s #03748) Heb. = divorcement, dismissal, a putting away)
BILL OF DIVORCEMENT= “A document putting away, cutting off,
or dismissing a guilty person from an innocent one.” Deut. 24:1-4
*NOTE: GOD DOES NOT CONSIDER AN INNOCENT PERSON, “DIVORCED”.
OTHERWISE, HE HIMSELF WOULD BE CONSIDERED DIVORCED
ACCORDING TO JER. 3:8
3. What Is Spiritual “Adultery” ?
A. Definition = “to break the commitment of a spiritual marriage.”
B. Examples in the word. Israel, end times: 1 Tim. 4:1, 2 Peter 2:15,
2 Tim. 4:10, 1 Tim. 1:19-20
4. Why is spiritual adultery so bad ?
A. God says it is, and commands against it. Exodus 20:14
B. The memory lingers in both parties’ minds.
C. It makes people wonder the value of the person cheated on.
D. It tells people that the marriage wasn’t good enough to keep.
E. It sets a bad example for others.
F. It hurts the innocent party.
G. It ultimately brings judgement on the guilty.