1. Babylon could not seem to overcome God’s superior power and wisdom seen through the believer.
A. God turned Israel over to the Babylonians. 2 Chron. 36:15-21
B. The powerful testimony of Daniel. In dealing with serious problems. In his
wisdom. In his dedication.
Daniel reigned with four kings:
– Nebuchadnezzar: Time of Jeremiah, Daniel taken captive, fiery furnace incident.
– Belshazzar: writing on the wall.
– Darius the Mede: Lion’s Den Episode
– Cyrus the Mede: Vision of the 70 weeks
God’s plan unraveled: Is. 44:28 – 45:1,4, Ezra 1:1-4
*How did Cyrus’ spirit get stirred up ? 2 Peter 3:1
2. The confidence of God’s people.
A. Nothing can happen outside of God’s will – if we are doing what He requires.
Ps. 56:11, Heb. 13:6
B. God answers our prayers when his conditions are met. 1 John 3:22
*(Breaking covenants with God brings worse conditions than before.)
C. Judgment will come ultimately. 1 Thes. 5:3