How Will We Ever Get A Better World ?
MAINTAINING HAPPINESS: How To Stay Close To God: Faith !
1. David’s desire for a better world.
A. He saw the need. Heb. 11:16
B. He knew things would be better through God. Heb. 7:22
C. He had faith that it would come. Heb. 11:8, Rom. 3:22
2. The way a new world comes.
A. God’s people keep asking for righteousness. Zeph. 2:3
*What happens if that isn’t their desire ? Is. 64:6
*The Saviour is the only true righteousness. Jer. 23:6
B. God responds to their prayers of faith. Heb. 11:6
C. God Himself brings it. Acts 17:31
– Judgment, sentencing first.
– Consequences to rebellion next.
3. God’s feelings toward iniquity.
A. He is angry everyday. (Psalm 7:11)
B. He has prepared for it.
– By preparing consequences to sin.
(Psalm 7:15-16) Ezek. 18:4,20
– By providing the solution. I Pet. 1:20, Rev. 13:8, Matt. 25:34
– By preparing judgment. Pro. 19:29, Matt. 25:41
Maintaining happiness: How To Stay Close To God.
Does It Really Matter What People Say ?
1. Kush the Benjamite: typical even of our own enemies.
A. Words can tear the soul. (Psalm 7:2)
B. Deal with false accusation.
– Accept that they will come and don’t dwell on them. Phil. 4:8
Various types of hurtful words:
>>Malicious words. 3 John 1:10
>>False teachings. Acts 20:30,31
>>Deceptive, “Victim-making” words. 2 Pet. 2:3
– Look forward to the future. Matt. 5:11-12
– God will judge them. Jude 1:15
– Know the true Word and stand on it. (Psalm 7:3-5) 1 Tim. 1:13
– Put your standing with God above all else. Matt. 6:33
– Make sure your words are for the Lord. Eph. 4:15
2. Knowing your own heart: a difficult thing to do.
*David knew his own heart accurately. Do you ?
A. The flesh doesn’t want you to know the truth. 1 Pet. 2:11
B. The devil wants to deceive you. 1 Tim. 4:1
Seduction to believe untruthful things about self.