WHEN BAD TURNS OUT TO BE GOOD
Does It Take Extreme Measures To Make Us Turn Seriously To God ?
1. God sees everything, like it or not. (Jer. 24:1-3)
A. He sees the good (figs), and plans to bless them.
– Gives them a heart to know Him. (Jer. 24:7 & 22:16)
– They will return with the whole heart. (Jer. 24:7)
B. He sees the bad (figs), and judges them. (Jer. 24:9)
– Cannot be eaten. Compare to Rev. 3:16
– Don’t seek God because of deceit. (Jer. 9:6)
2. Some events are designed to motivate us for good.
A. Do we think seriously about our purpose in life without being motivated
by events ?
B. Do we consider our relationship with God without outside motivation ?
3. A real Christian can deal with events of all kinds.
A. We have the promise of God for our good. Rom. 8:28
B. Nothing can happen that will be too much for us. 1 Cor. 10:13
(If we take too much on us, it is because we have taken it on,
not because God gave it.)
– Does this apply to relationship problems ? YES.
– Does this apply to financial problems ? YES.
C. We have a divine Partner to carry the heavy load. Matt. 11:28-29
D. We are instructed what to do with our cares. 1 Pet. 5:7
E. We are privileged to rely upon the power of Christ. Phil. 4:13